Friday 27 March 2009

I Want To Ride My Bicycle...

Sadly, I didn't get the Schwinn bike I'd hinted at for my birthday.  To be fair its about £300, an awful lot for an Oxford wannabe who generally avoids physical activity.

After a little research, I discovered the most ridiculous bikes.  Here's the top three:


1. Chanel, S/S '08, £6,200

Who can forget the Fashion vs. Sport exhibition at the V&A?  Surfboards, dumbells, boomerangs...you name it, Chanel have got it (they held an exhibition dedicated to sporting goods in Hong Kong in 2006).  Jennifer Aniston was given one by Courtney Cox, which says it all really.  






2. Gucci, Red Bike, S/S '08, £2,100

Equally ridiculous, if not worse.  But at least it served a purpose!  To tie-in with the 2008 Beijing Olympics of course.




3. Puma, Glow-Rider Bike, S/S '08

Pointless, but fun.  Not the world's first glow-in-the-dark bike, but there's a matching outfit, it folds, and there's a nifty feature that prevents people from running off with it.  Even Kanye West loves it.  





So apparently, 2008 was a big year for the bicycle industry.  I wonder what 2009 has in store for us...

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment